Zac Echola reminded me yesterday what this blog is about and why I started it.
- 1. A networking blog should be a living document of your professional self. You should stay focused on topics that matter to people who may hire you. You should start reading blogs from people in your field.
- 2. When someone makes you think, you should think out loud on your site. Have a conversation with others. Email people questions. Chat with them on twitter. Get to know people. Working a blog isn’t much different than working a room at a conference. Stay focused.
- 3. Show off your work. When you do something good, show it off. Don’t be bashful.
- 4. SEO the crap out of yourself.
- 5. Seize every opportunity you can.
- 6. Always remember that there’s a real human being on the other side of the machine.
I’ve been really bad at updating lately, and I’m going to work hard to fix that, starting with a bunch of updates on what I’ve been doing lately. I think short posts are preferred, so I’ll split things up. Keep an eye out for stuff on Twitter, Google Maps, Django and more.