The New York Times has staff blogging about:
- Bits – newest gadgets and trends
- First Look – new features and services
- Carpetbagger – movie awards
- The Lede – news stories
- The Caucus – elections
- Pogue’s Posts – technology
- DealBook – business
- The Pour – wine, beer and spirits
- Diner’s Journal – restaurants
- The Public Editor’s Journal – responds to reader complaints/comments
- Dream Home Diaries – the epic tale of home construction
- Screens – Web video and media
- The Empire Zone – politics in NY, NJ, And Conn.
- Tierney Lab – science
- The Fifth Down – fantasy football
- Wheels – cars
In addition, this article reports that newspaper blog traffic has tripled from 1.2 million viewers a year ago to 3.8 million in December 2006.
Blog pages accounted for 13 percent of overall visits to newspaper sites in that month, up from 4 percent a year earlier. Total visitors to the top newspaper sites rose 9 percent to 29.9 million.